Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bad Parts :: Here goes the backbone, just don't call me 'spineless'...

Stupid cartilage... Torqued my back out on Sunday carrying milkcrates full of books out of our Hobbit-hole of an attic. My friend, diazapam, is doing the trick for alleviating the side effects of the "ever-compressing disc". Sigh... Bad parts...

Speaking of which, I'm in the process of rehabilitating and IBM ThinkPad T40 (one of my favorite laptops next to the MacBook Pro) and it just astounds me that Lenovo would make such a beautiful machine so prone to power-related failures. Basically, it can't charge it's battery or power the system because something went to toast in the charge circuit... which is built DIRECTLY on the motherboard of this little wonder. So, a $20USD subsystem failing will cost you $300USD to replace the whole MB and pretty much a full rebuild of the machine. For $400 I can buy a fully refurbished one on eBay... Bad parts...

The upside of the nerve pinching incident is that all of Maia's and my "important" books have migrated into more appropriate places in our home than, say, the attic. It'll be nice to have a full floor to ceiling bookshelf with a bound timeline of my literary adventures over the past 30+ years. Was quite excited by finding my Dune collection as well as my original Space Shuttle Operations Manual from circa 1983.

Anywho... shame on you Apple... Shame On YOU! Now go back to your little technology paradise, Mr. iJobs, and think about what you've done to all those sad Macophiles you hosed this past week.

Enough... time to go play with Seam...



No comments: